One of the most inspiring teachers of Tibetan Buddhism shares important teachings on compassion and enlightenment from this ancient wisdom tradition.
Hidden from the rest of the world, high in the Himalayan mountains, the people of Tibet developed a science of the mind over the centuries it took the West to build cars and planes. Forty years ago, Tenzin Palmo was one of the early Western women to meet the lamas coming out of Tibet and to study the Tibetan Buddhist teachings deeply.
In her second book, she invites Western readers into the heart of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. In her characteristically clear and insightful style, she introduces us to the essential teachings on impermanence, happiness and compassion, and shows how we can use them to enhance our lives. She also shares some of the highest wisdom teachings on emptiness and enlightenment.
Whether or not you are a Buddhist, Into the Heart of Life can help you develop more sanity, wisdom, compassion and fulfillment in your life.
- 'Rarely are Buddhist teachings presented with such vivid immediacy and insight as in this gleaming jewel of a book! Stimulating, challenging and wonderfully motivating, Jetsunma's book will be treasured both by newcomers and seasoned practitioners alike.' -David Michie, author of Buddhism for Busy People
- 'Tenzin Palmo is one of the most genuine and accomplished of Western practitioners.' -Jack Kornfield, author of A Path with Heart
Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo was one of the first Westerners to be ordained as a Buddhist nun in the Tibetan tradition. She spent twelve years in seclusion practising meditation in a Himalayan cave, and the well-known book Cave in the Snow is the story of her life. Known as an inspiring teacher, she is the author of Reflections on a Mountain Lake.
Table Of Contents:
2. Karma, or Cause and Effect
3. Creating Happiness
4. The Eight Worldly Concerns
6. The Six Perfections
7. Lojong and Bodhicitta
8. Faith and Devotion
9. Practicing the Good Heart
The Dongyu Gatsal Ling Nunnery Project
Allen & Unwin
Paperback - C format
0 - 0